Advice & tips on caring for your dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture toothbrush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose denture checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover your denture with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new denture every five years.
For more information about Denture Care or to schedule a consult with Dr. Harris or Dr. Kurman, please use our Contact form or call our office in Broomfield, CO at Summit Dental & Orthodontics Phone Number 303-440-3300.